Garden Electrics - Does this break oil tank regulations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks,

We're looking at installing garden electrics. The going suggestion is to install a cabinet at the very back corner of the garden where the oil tank is.

Would that break oil regulations in regard to distance from objects? I've done a search and all I can find are distances to boundaries, openings or structures. Nothing about garden electrics, though.

photo_2022-08-08_13-25-48.jpg

Sponsored Links
As you probably realise the tank should be a minimum 760mm from fence if closer should have 30 minutes fire barrier installed.
So maybe use a cabinet for your electrics that's fire rated?

Sponsored Links
In case anyone has a similar question, I contacted OFTEC directly and this was their reply:

Dear Pete,

Thank you for your email enquiry.

There is nothing in industry guidance documents or building regulations which covers this scenario on the oil side in specifying a minimum separation distance between the two. Our only practical advice would be to contact an electrician to establish if there is anything on the electrical side.

Regards,

Evan Brown
Technical Officer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back