Garden Electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

This is my first post so go easy if this is an ejiot question! :)

I am looking to run electrics into garden. Its a big garden and have already purchased 4 timer sockets to cover 2 sets of outdoor lights and 2 other electrical garden items that need to be run on a timer.

In addition to this I need a feed running to an outside shed and a further timer socket fitting further up garden past the shed.

My electrical consumer box is located in the garage, and I have assumed that I will need to run an armoured cable to the consumer unit and then I hoped to connect a junction box close to back door and from there feed a singl;e feed to three of the timer sockets (can I run three sockets from one feed?) a further two feeds to another 2 timer units and then another to the shed.

Is it realistic to run the circuits in this manor? i.e. 3 timer plugs from one feed and then seperate feeds for the others?

I intedn to lay the cable then get a spark to come in to hook up to the consumer unit (wouldnt touch that myself).

Thanks in advance for advice.

John

Thanks

Sponsored Links
have already purchased 4 timer sockets to cover 2 sets of outdoor lights and 2 other electrical garden items that need to be run on a timer.
Are they suitable for glanding SWA into?

I intedn to lay the cable then get a spark to come in to hook up to the consumer unit
Get the electrician involved now - have him make the decisions about cable types and size, routes, etc. I'm sure he'll be happy to let you actually dig the trenches, but he needs to specify where and how.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back