Garden Fence lights

Thank you again.

I haven’t quite decided where to position the PIR but it would be somewhere on the fence either just before the first new light or possibly between the last 2 lights as this would be close to the gate that leads to the garden and the likely point of access for an intruder. Obviously wouldn’t position it towards the house/ bifold as we could constantly knock it off whilst using that room.
Before the first light will be as the top of the diagram.
If between the last two, you will need four core cable so the power goes to the PIR and then the Switched Live goes back to the previous lights.

The PIR switch will have to be left ON for it to work.

upload_2021-3-29_22-54-28.png

Sponsored Links
Before the first light will be as the top of the diagram.
If between the last two, you will need four core cable so the power goes to the PIR and then the Switched Live goes back to the previous lights.

The PIR switch will have to be left ON for it to work.

View attachment 228668

Based on that it is definitely going before the new light :D thanks again.

Last question. Is 0.75mm2 cable sufficient for this?

:)

Yes, 0.75mm² will be fine.

Excellent! Now I need to buy the gear and get on with the job. I can’t start a job unless I know 100% how to do it and you’ve sorted that for me.

thank you very much again. I’ll get oictures up whenever it’s done.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back