Garden gate and uneven wall. Suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Fitted a garden gate to the side access of my house. Gates now up up being held in place currently with two bricks. Went and bought a length of wood to attach to the side of the house to enable me to fit the gate bolt so I can lock it.

Got home to find out that the wall isn’t even. This can be seen in the image attached. Meaning the gap between gate and wall is larger at the top than at the bottom.

Just looking for suggestions on what I can do to prevent a horrible looking gate.

Cheers
RamJam

Sponsored Links
You either fit a bit of timber that's been ran through a table saw to match the gap, or fit a bit of timber to the wall where the door checks up to it.

Plus the top diagonal brace is going the wrong way, it should match the bottom one, as in, from the hinge side and up diagonally to the right.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back