Garden gate - corner latch required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I recently fitted a new garden gate and have a problem in that the gate meets the corner of my house, so I'm not sure how best to fit a suitable strike plate and latch - the one that came with the gate is designed to fit on a flat surface perpendicular to the gate.

Hopefully the pics I've attached will show the problem. As you'll see, there's a crude hinged "latch" already there that got around the problem previously by means of a padlock and chain, but I want to fit something better.

Any thoughts? Will I have to use concrete or similar to fashion a flat surface to use a conventional latch, or is there a ready-made latch available that is designed to fit on a corner? I couldn't find anything using Google.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
A simple barrel bolt would most likely do it or could you not just bend the arm of the latch you have to fit the angle of the wall ?

what about moving house? :eek:

but seriously., a timber post bolted to the wall, with a suitable cut will give you the angle you require?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back