Garden gate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

im looking to take down a pair of timber gates that ive got to rear garden, that i currently use to get my car round the back, and am looking to brick up but leave enough room to fit a single gate for everyday pedestrian use so that i can get furniture and bits out and not struggle to squeeze it through the front door.

which gate is best to put up? close boarded?

thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
Hi
The best type of gate to go for is one that is described as framed ledged and braced ie it's put together with mortice and tennon joints .there are some good makes out there which are clad with feather edged boarding or tongue & groove......Generally the premade panel gates from the DIY stores and merchants are false economy. As they are usually just nailed together !
Also if you can find a local supplier they usually should be able to make 1 to any size !
Good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back