Garden Office

3 of the 75x100mm wall plate timbers at the front. Stacked on top of each other so I get a slight sloping pent style roof.

The 3mm screed was directly on top of the floor insulation, I’ve read you need to loose lay it, so no taping the joints, so I guess it will need a plastic sheet over it. I guess I could just go with 22mm T&G chipboard, but I’m trying to get that floor as thin as possible

Sponsored Links
I’m not saying it will be a walk in the park, but much easier with the the thin joint system, since the blocks themselves are highly dimensional accurate, and the tools lay an equal level of mortar, which is 2mm.
Not watching brickie videos, watching videos on the manufactures web site. There are loads of videos showing celcon blocks and ytong blocks. Plus the mortar goes off in about 5 minutes of contact.

Arhh the manufacturer's sales video. Thin joint was first marketed years ago but has never taken off. There's a reason for that. It's crap to lay and inaccurate. No tolerance no adjustment and the very slight natural inaccuracies in every block laid, compound along and up the wall.

Sponsored Links
Apparently it is the standard build method on the continent. Plus you can see examples of builders using it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back