Garden power and lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had the garden re-landscaped and ran in some SWA's for garden power and lighting (separate cables/circuits).
As the lights have a bulkier plug transformer, a standard outdoor socket isn't going to work, therefore my plan was to accommodate two metal clad sockets (one for each circuit) in an adaptable IP rated box. However my issue will be keeping it weather tight once I have plugged in, as the cable will stop the box fully closing. I have seen similar to this for outdoor extension boxes with the foam/rubber cut outs to trap the cable, but I need something large enough and in black as the fence panels and sleepers are all black.
I have three positions in the garden where I need this install this. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I take it you have seen these then, tend to be popular this time of year

timeguard-tps401-powerseal-grey-outdoor-multi-connector-box-with-4-gang-13a-socket-strip-ip55.jpg

I take it you have seen these then, tend to be popular this time of year

timeguard-tps401-powerseal-grey-outdoor-multi-connector-box-with-4-gang-13a-socket-strip-ip55.jpg

Thanks Rocky, these are what I originally thought of but can't find them in black. Not sure whether I would be able to spray/paint them, but they are potentially ideal, size wise.

you can paint them with non-drip, oil-based gloss. A single flowing coat. No primer or undercoat needed. Clean them first with white spirit and a green nylon scourer, which will remove any greasiness and slightly degaze the surface.

To prevent the new paint sticking when closed, wait until dry, wipe the merest trace of vaseline on the touching edges only. Just enough to put a sheen on them. not great greasy gobbets (this is also what you do after painting your front door).

Sponsored Links
you can paint them with non-drip, oil-based gloss. A single flowing coat. No primer or undercoat needed. Clean them first with white spirit and a green nylon scourer, which will remove any greasiness and slightly degaze the surface.

To prevent the new paint sticking when closed, wait until dry, wipe the merest trace of vaseline on the touching edges only. Just enough to put a sheen on them. not great greasy gobbets (this is also what you do after painting your front door).

Thanks John, this may be the route to go down then, would possibly avid spending another week trying to find something that just doesn't exist!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back