Garden Roof height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was hoping somebody could clarify or answer something I can't find anywhere, I have applied for planning permission for a pitched roof 3.454mm I've been told by planning officer it will be rejected because border with neighbour is 500mm they have told me I can go to 2.5mtrs in height with a flat roof without planning, I also understand as long as 2mtrs away from boundary I can put pitched roof to maximum height of 4mtrs again without planning permission, therefore is it not feasible that I could put flat roof to boundary of 2.5mtrs in height & come in 2mtrs then have pitched roof to 3.454mm adjacent to it fulfilling the distance required.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I've been told by planning officer it will be rejected because border with neighbour is 500mm
What does that mean?

Have you applied for planning permission or a permitted development lawful development certificate? I don't understand what it is you're trying to achieve? Perhaps a sketch would help ....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back