GARDEN SHED FULL OF MICE

B

B.O.B DOLE

Can anyone help me please i have a shed full of mice what is the best way to rid shed of these pest i don't want to use poison or traps

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Are they nesting or just having a look
Clean the place up.
Block the hole where they are coming in from

they are in both my sheds and have chewed everything up i think they are nesting under the decking and looking for food in the sheds i kept my rabbit and bird seed in there there are holes everywhere i cant put poison down because of the rabbits and birds i think there is to many for a cat to deal with.

Here's a tip as used years ago to get rid of an influx of mice from a mess room at work. get a high sided barrel/bucket/oildrum and balance pieces of wood on the edge with bait at the end over the barrel and as the mice walk up the wood to get the bait their weight makes them drop into the barrel where they can't climb back out.

Or you can use the bucket method with chicken wire across the top,and dangle some food on some string in the middle.
Has the same effect - they fall in and get stuck!

PowerTool said:
Or you can use the bucket method with chicken wire across the top,and dangle some food on some string in the middle.
Has the same effect - they fall in and get stuck!

thanks powertool will try that

It is unusual for mice to be indoors (all be it a shed) at this time of year. You must be providing them with a food source. If it is the feed for your pets, put it in tins (not plastic which they will chew through) where they cannot get to it. Trapping them is only a temporary solution as they will be replaced by others. If a mouse can get its head throug a gap then it can get its whole body through so blocking their entry routes will be difficult. They can also climb.
Good luck. :)

ferdinanddebargos said:
It is unusual for mice to be indoors (all be it a shed) at this time of year. You must be providing them with a food source. If it is the feed for your pets, put it in tins (not plastic which they will chew through) where they cannot get to it. Trapping them is only a temporary solution as they will be replaced by others. If a mouse can get its head throug a gap then it can get its whole body through so blocking their entry routes will be difficult. They can also climb.
Good luck. :)
thanks for the advice i may use poison and lock up the pets for a week or two.

Make sure you wash your hands after laying poison, otherwise....errr...yeah, lay LOADS & LOADS of POISON....

This could be caused by osmosis. If you have a large concentration of mice outside your shed, and a low concentration of mice insid your shed, and your shed walls provide a semi permiable membrane, then mice will migrate into your shed.

There are two ways to remedy this situation:

Increase the concentration of mice inside the shed (put loads more mice inside the shed). or:

Decrease the concentration of mice outside the shed. Since "outside the shed" consists of the rest of the world, this would be a very unpractical solution. Even destroying millions of mice would have a negligable influence of the concentration of mice in the whole world.

I therefore suggest, you pack as many mice into your shed as you can afford. Sorry if you don't follow the logic, but I've been drinking tonight and am therefore predisposed to more laterality of thought than is my norm. :confused:

BTW. Just in case you were considering running a DNA sequencing operation on your mice (to create a genetically targetted virus to destroy them). Please try to use an automated technique, as it reduces the radioactive waste. See here for more info

Sponsored Links
Back