Garden walkover decking lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , I have a question ref garden decking lights the walkover design , do the sparks who post here install this kind of light or are people now going for solar powered ?

If you install the lights from the mains can you recommend a make/model ?

Cheers

Ste

Sponsored Links
dont touch solar lights unless you have a barge pole.

they come on when its dark, not dusk, dont stay on long, no use if its a nice winter night (not enough sun to charge up for any reasonable duration) dont come on when you want them to

Last ones I installed were these
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/GL41PW.html

Got another 10 to put in a few weeks from now for the neighbour of the last place I put them in.

Thanks for the link Comms , my situation is - the other halfs would like 4 lights on the decking , my idea of wiring this would be to spur off 2.5mm2 from a non spurred socket to a FCU then from the FCU connect the lights from there (once Ive drilled out the holes etc in the decking) when you install these lights do you use 1 transformer for each light or 1 for all 4 ? Do you purchase seperate boxes to house the transformer in or are they weatherproof ?

Sponsored Links
Robus ones are quite good. They take a 240v GU10, including LED versions of the GU10.

Short length of flex to a 4x4x2 gewiss box or similar, with SWA between lights.

comms went to the trouble of giving you a link, and you did not read it :rolleyes:

My bad , the link answers all my questions

Glad you got there in the end :LOL:
But in answer to your question the next job installing these I'm using 2 drivers in seperate boxes connected by 1.5 swa as the lights will be in 2 groups of 5 some 10 meters apart.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back