Garden wall foundation help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll be starting a garden wall on tuesday, it needs to be finished on wednesday night otherwise I'll have to go down the fence route.
Theres some hedges in at the minute so I'll be taking them out, digging the foundations and then the concrete is where I need help.
What is the quickest way of getting the foundations done and set? I assume its getting a ready mix lorry (how much are they).
The wall is only going to be about 6 metres

Sponsored Links
Just came across celcon foundation blocks, but they are according to a website, too small. But they say these blocks are stronger.

440x215x275mm is the measurements of the block, is that enough for a wall 1 meter high, double thickness?

Need to know tonight really about this because I'll be buying the materials tommorow ready for delivery tuesday. Its a surprise job hence why it needs to be done for wednesday, shes going to hospital on the tuesday morning and it needs to be done for when shes back wednesday night

Yes ready mix will be the quickest, digging the footing and getting rid of the hedge roots will take the longest time wise..

Whatever brick/block you choose make sure its frost resistant or it will simply flake apart near the base over the winter..

Would it be quicker to put those foundation blocks in with some rapid dry cement and ballast around them?

Im thinking of digging down 30cm, laying the foundation blocks onto a bed of concrete with rapid dry cement, and filling them in down the sides.
That way I think I can build on top of the blocks after an hour or 2? or am I wrong

Really want it done by wednesday teatime
Any help appreiciated as I've never built a garden wall (im a plumber)

Sponsored Links
Urm, i think you have mis-interpreted what a foundation block is.. its a block used to replace below ground brick/block cavity wall work.. thus you put in your concrete footing, then foundation blocks for a few courses to get the level up to a point where you can brick/block without alot of bending down..
They do not replace foundations.

If you want to get it done by wednesday then best to lay foundations today and do the wall tomorrow..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back