Garden wall good enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Had this garden wall put up by a contractor as part of a full garden redesign. It forms backdrop to patio, so should be a "feature". Looks un-tidy at best to me. Grounds for complaint, or am I being too picky?

Attachments

• 20220521_210722.jpg
    20220521_210722.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 88
Sponsored Links
Is it finished? Where's the weather protection for the top?
What was agreed or discussed before hand? Did you specify the bricks or did the builder?
Personally I would say it's a bit rustic and the joints don't look consistent, could have been pointed with a pointing tool if they were consistent. Also,I would have been tempted to use dye in the mortar.
If the bricks are not consistent and he was keeping guage rather than laying to size, the joints could vary .
But if you don't like it, come to an agreement with the layer.
The main thing is whatever happens it needs some capping stones on to keep the weather off.
I'm not a builder though.

No it's not acceptable if done by a professional, the bed joints are enormous (should be 10mm) and the bond is all over the place, it looks like a bad diy job.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the thoughts.. topping stones are still to be applied, but it was more the bonding/pointing job that I thought was a bit rough.. will mention it to contractor and guage reaction.. difficult as part of a larger job that otherwise happy with.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back