Garden wall removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hell everyone, I was wondering if there was anyone who could point me in the right direction with the job I'm planning.

I've just bought my first home and the wall at the front of the property needs to be taken out and replaced with a gate to provide access for my motorbike.
Its single skin breeze block, would I be best off getting an angle grinder and cutting down on either side then tapping out the blocks or would a different tool/technique serve me better?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Sponsored Links
Definitely cut rather than just bash it down - everything would come loose!
A hired Stihl saw or similar would be easier, and when you get to the bottom where the round disc cant reach, consider chain drilling to minimise damage.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Don't forget when you cut the opening to allow for your gateposts.
Knew a 'fairly competent' guy once who moved an internal door in his house. Knocked the hole through, fitted the new frame, had the plaster repaired around the edges, fitted the architrave and then went to hang the door. Couldn't understand why the door was too wide because he had removed the original door from it's hinges and then held this exact door against the wall and pencilled around it to get the right size opening!
Needless to say, his wife wasn't best pleased when he had to redo it! LOL

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back