Gardtec 300/500 series - Alarm will NOT activate when armed

Read the manual, its all there.

It doesn't say exactly what user level can do, as all the examples state master code , but the user level should do more than just set eg able to test, as if it didn't that would be one 1 master code 1 engineer and 8 set level only.

Sponsored Links
Sticking door contact?

Try the setting and walk into a room, bet it bleeps.
Then re do with the door and it stays the same, as in no bleeps

New door contact needed.

There are NO door contacts on the exit door, the alarm either arms itself after i leave through ZONE 1 or will sound the bell if i am still in ZONE 1 after the EXIT time delay.

Sticking door contact?

Try the setting and walk into a room, bet it bleeps.
Then re do with the door and it stays the same, as in no bleeps

New door contact needed.

There are NO door contacts on the exit door, the alarm either arms itself after i leave through ZONE 1 or will sound the bell if i am still in ZONE 1 after the EXIT time delay.

That a different story then.

Alarm , diagnostics please :mrgreen:

Lets forget the user code issue for the time being, as your wrong anyway.

I said in the first reply check the contact, on page 2 we are told there is not one.

What is there on the entry exit zone then?

I failed the physic crystal ball exam for some reason.

Sponsored Links
Lets forget the user code issue for the time being, as your wrong anyway.

I said in the first reply check the contact, on page 2 we are told there is not one.

What is there on the entry exit zone then?

I failed the physic crystal ball exam for some reason.

Yeah, me too...

There is a PIR detector and the system arms after a time delay when exiting ZONE 1, If i do not exit within the time delay the system sounds the bell. On entry ZONE 1 has a very short entry time before the system sounds the bell, whereas all other ZONES have a 0s time delay, i.e. system sounds the alarm straight away if any ZONE other than ZONE 1 is interrupted.

This alarm system was already fitted when moved in 5 years ago and there has never been any problems with it. My neighbours (+3 to the left and +1 to the right) all have GARDTEC systems of various models and none of them have ever had any problems and therefore i never bothered changing the system.

And what happens if you set it whilst EE relay is not opened?

What pir is it ? if you know?

And what happens if you set it whilst EE relay is not opened?

What pir is it ? if you know?

Do not know which PIR, but i can check tomorrow...

Entry/Exit(?) works off a time delay in ZONE 1 and it would normally arm as the PIR detects no movement within the exit time delay and then triggers on Entry with a shorter time delay to disarm the system before sounding the bell.

I am hoping its just a case of resetting the system or changing some fuse... otherwise i am just tempted to go out and buy another GARDTEC (obviously something upgraded from my current model making sure i can transfer the connections) and re-wire a new main board and new keypad...

Any thoughts on this idea? Any systems i could consider?

Yes, testing what you have correctly before you spend anything.

Well this is what i am hoping to do, obviously do not want to spend money if its something silly (like wife inadvertently :rolleyes: changed settings) and can be reset or undone...

...i know its difficult to asses problems without actually being in front of them, but i am trying to give as much detail that may trigger something in someones mind as to try something or maybe (hopefully) know exactly the issue i am having.

Have you the manual?
Why is there no door contact?
Why would your wife have the engineering code and change the programming?

Try testing everything in the morning.

Have you the manual?
Why is there no door contact?
Why would your wife have the engineering code and change the programming?

Try testing everything in the morning.

Yes, i have the manual left by the previous owners, (who had the alarm fitted).

I have a GARDTEC 360/580 User Instructions manual and a GARDTEC 370 Range Control Panel Installation Instructions manual

I thought i had tested everything, what else is there...?

I will have a look in the morning.

But do ask on the other sites too, you never know we might give you the same answers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back