Gardtec 360/580 intruder alarm

HGI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The upstairs remote keypad bleeps intermittently ie. could be weekly or monthly intervals for no apparent reason. There are 2 remote keypads but only the one bleeps now and again. System was in house when purchased, there was no installer manual to obtain master/engineer code to allow me to even disable the remote keypad. Any sugestions as to what is the problem or even what the code is?

Sponsored Links
10000 code combinations for the engineer, another for each user. So no idea. Any names on the bell box? If not Google for a manual and have a go, remembering there is mains present and can kill. They are solid old panels but an update could be worth it.
When was the battery or system last serviced, could just need a new battery.
The 360 takes a smaller one than the 580. Open the panel with the mains off and check the size (7AH or 2.1AH) will be the ones in there. Try that to start with once you have a manual.

Hi, there are no details on bellbox, changed in recent past prior to purchase of house, problem occurred well after it was replaced, therfore I do not suspect it is the bellbox. I will replace battery, any I idea where I may get an installer manual?

Which one have you got, they are slightly different.
But Google is your friend.

Sponsored Links
you can change user and engineer code by the jumper inside panel as long as its not engineer locked

Will I cause another problem if it is Engineer locked if I attempt this?

He has no codes, so the panel would be no good if it needed changing in programming. A go at it is of course worthwhile. But there is more to it than just a link, there is a sequence and the poster has to be aware of mains electricity. If it is prefixed with a 9 the panel will not revert back to factory. So NO codes will be changed.

Thanks guys, food for thought I will try what has been discussed and will let you know how I got on. Cheers H

at the end of the day if he has no code he is no worst off is he ?????????? if the link is removed at least the panel can be switched off with 1234

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back