Gardtec 370 home alarm fix or replace or de-commission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a 20-yr old Gardtec 370 (Risco group) installed when the building was built (central London). Never used - but needed as part of home insurance I think.

It has started mis-behaving in the last year - randomly going off and then turning off when I put in my [master?] code. Then displaying 'bb' (bell box). The manual doesn't say anything about de-commissioning it - any tips?

Alternatively any tips on which model to replace it with (I guess I would need to disable the bell box, keypad, and that wireless looking device?)?

Sponsored Links
If you need it for home insurance you need to check if they specify nsi/ ssaib certified, in which case you will have to have the alarm work a certain way it will have to be used at home or away and chances are you wont save anything on your home insurance (or very little).

bb is bell box tamper.
The gardtec nova 2 bell box is well known for microswitch issues.
Change bell box and control panel battery and system should be ok for the next few years.

Thanks - is it easy to change you think? There just aren't any user/installation manuals around :(

Sponsored Links
Plenty of manuals online for gardtec 370 just Google.
Changing battery is straightforward
Changing bell should bell ok if confident.
People will help you from this forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back