Gardtec 800 Series Lost Engineer Code?

When buttons are pressed the brightness awakens only slightly but is noticeable from its sleeping state.

My bother has the exact same panel albeit not as old and is bright bright

Sponsored Links
True ill try and post the two differences tomorrow

Sponsored Links
Same panel brighter brighter lcd

Attachments

• IMG_20180411_135008.jpg
    IMG_20180411_135008.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 124
Hi just opened panel to change battery ad its rexacom 12v 3.2Ah battery inside. Is this the correct size?

Hi just opened panel to change battery ad its rexacom 12v 3.2Ah battery inside. Is this the correct size?
Depends on the amount of detectors/current draw from the panel when mains is not present. I normally install a 7 amp hour if there is more than 5 PIR's connected in the panel.

Hi I have 7 pirs. Does it matter about the contacts and shocks and sounders?

Just to mention the follwing:

1.The alarm was in the off mode
2. Pulled fuse out to isolate the Ac - No Noise from the panel but a blank screen on display
3. Took panel off no tamper noise either.
4. No siren outside either.

When I isolated the mains Ac the display went blank therefore the battery back up is completely dead - correct?

I'm I correct in thinking that if there was any life in the back up battery the tamper
Would have sounded when I switched the Ac off?

Thsnks

Giz

Hi sparky

Any way to check if there is a battery in Bell box without opening it?

If it is flat it creates less panic when opening the alarm panel I suppose. It's high enough up the wall for any one to mess with.

I'm I right in thinking that the tamper did not activate on the panel Box when I opened it due to the battery?

I know it recommends 7Ah but its pretty congested in there so is it OK to stick with 3.2ah

Why on the panel has it not flagged up poor battery

Hi sparky

Any way to check if there is a battery in Bell box without opening it?

If it is flat it creates less panic when opening the alarm panel I suppose. It's high enough up the wall for any one to mess with.

I'm I right in thinking that the tamper did not activate on the panel Box when I opened it due to the battery?

I know it recommends 7Ah but its pretty congested in there so is it OK to stick with 3.2ah

Why on the panel has it not flagged up poor battery

As Sparky says you need a new panel/bell battery. It should be a 7ah but as its diy a 3.2ah will do if you can't get the bigger battery in.
To test the bell take out the hold off wire from the panel and bell should ring but you have had full power of and no sound so the bell battery is low.
What about replacing the bell for a new unit? For around £30 you could have a new fancy backlight bell on your house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back