Gardtec 800 series

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gardtec 800 alarm system. I am in possession of the engineers code. We have the Fb fault showing. I have replaced the battery with a pukka Yuasa one and reset the system but the Fb fault still shows. Also checking the 7 year old Yuasa battery I took out it still shows a good 14/15 volts. I assume the fuse has gone and that the battery was OK anyway. Any help where I might find the fuse or advice on what else it could be would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Check the battery leads with the battery disconnected , you should get 13.8 v dc if the fuse is ok ,

Thanks sparkymarka. Do you mean disconnect then check the new battery that I have installed? Or check disconnect the battery and check the leads coming down from the charger. If the latter and I don't have a reading do you know where the fuse is?

They are all on the pcb , sure it says what they are for on the pcb bottom right corner
It will be a 1amp quick blow

Sponsored Links
You're right! The voltage on the leads was 13.8v. Out of the three fuses, the middle one (alarm 1A) was blown. Pack of fuses ordered on line. Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back