Gas Boiler High Pitched Kettle Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've had this issue on/off for about 5 months or so - it does not happen all the time and when it does it is only for a minute or so.

Basically what happens is if the boiler hasn't been used for a day or so and I run some hot water the boiler will make this ungodly loud kettle noise for about a minute. It won't happen for the rest of the day. Some days it does not happen at all.

I would say there is a 1 in 5 chance (maybe less) on any day I would hear it.

The boiler was installed and commisioned back in May 2020 but the house was empty until the purchase finally completed in Feb 2021.

I believe it has a 2 year warranty but the issue is I cannot always re-produce the issue.

It is also a dual zone heating system with zone valves for upstairs/downstairs, but as mentioned I usually hear the noise when I turn a hot water tap on first.

Does anyone have an idea of what this could be from the description?

Sponsored Links
you might be surprised to learn that there are many gas boilers available, a make and model might be a start ?

;) It is an Ideal Logic Combi Boiler - I am not at my house at the moment so will find out the exact model number tonight (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back