Gas central heating system - snagging questions

Sponsored Links
Since the beginning of the year gaswork notification reuires you to ansere yes/no whether the benchmark was completed. A certificate will not be issued without you saying yes.
Under the GAS SAFETY (INSTALLATION AND USE) REGULATIONS 1998
esting of appliances

33. - (1) Where a person installs a gas appliance at a time when gas is being supplied to the premises in which the appliance is installed, he shall immediately thereafter test its connection to the installation pipework to verify that it is gastight and examine the appliance and the gas fittings and other works for the supply of gas and any flue or means of ventilation to be used in connection with the appliance for the purpose of ascertaining whether -

(a) the appliance has been installed in accordance with these Regulations;

(b) the operating pressure is as recommended by the manufacturer;

(c) the appliance has been installed with due regard to any manufacturer's instructions provided to accompany the appliance; and

(d) all gas safety controls are in proper working order.

Manufacturer states you must fill out benchmark, gsu stes you must follow manufacturers instructions. Need i go on?

I have not seen the question asking if the benchmark has been completed on the Corgi GWN, but then again not all boiler manufacturers are in the Benchmark Scheme, that is why I said it is not a law.

Sponsored Links
The OP clearly says in his first post that he has a white hot water cylinder in his garage, but from the photos it looks green to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back