Gas Combi Boiler in Bathroom Cupboard. Whats Regs ?

Its a room sealed boiler, not open flue,

The Vaillant model number is VCW GB then its either 221, 240, 280 H, it was installed approx 17 years ago.

Thanks Guys

Sponsored Links
Guy is talking sh#te when he says louvre door will not be acceptable ,this is perfectly acceptable re corgi . The only thing that may make it un acceptable is if they want to stick to absolute letter of regs is although there are no set designs of what a vent is the openings on it cannot be less than 5mm and no bigger than 10mm but this is really for vents that communicate with outside air

christ, i wouldnt even bother recommending a compartment vent change on a 17 year old vaillant.

its NCS, forget about it.

Sponsored Links
not very IMO but dave will tell you different :LOL:

its all down to personal preference in this game. i see very few of these older vaillants and the ones i do see look horribly continental and absurdly complicated.

dave doesnt like worcesters but i think they are simple things to work on....er not including the highflow and 28/24cdi of course :D

Only ever clobbered 1 Vaillant and that was a 25 year old sine18 with a cracked flue hood (part obsolete). The vitreous coating could have been blasted and the hood welded..the rest of the boiler was A1 but time was of the essence.

If you can find someone with the nous to understand them you could have many more years left in it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back