Gas consumption on new Worcester 30cdi combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We changed our old back boiler to a WB 30cdi combi back in September. Over the past week I've been keeping an eye on the gas usage and quite frankly I'm a bit disappointed.

We kept the existing heating system, adding one extra radiator in the main bedroom takingthe total to 9. Its a 2 bedroom end link house with one bathroom, only gas used is from the boiler. This week it's been using just over 6.5 m3 which I think is around 74kwh per day. Does this sound about right? Room star was set to 23'c for a couple of hours in the morning, then 18 from 7am to 5pm then 21 ramping up to 23 just before 11pm. At the moment there's no shower fitted so we run three baths per day.

Maybe I'm expecting too much?

Secondly, how long do you usually wait for LA building control paperwork? I've still not received any!

Sponsored Links
Room star was set to 23'c for a couple of hours in the morning, then 18 from 7am to 5pm then 21 ramping up to 23 just before 11pm.

my house is at 18deg c morning and evening, during the day i am not paying for my dog to be kept warm. he has a big furry coat.

baths use a lot of water a shower would be cheaper obviously.
is your insulation up to current spec?

Yes, sorry, forgot to add that. Double glazed with cavity and loft insulation both done recently.

I turned the heating side of the boiler down from just under 6 to five last night. Tonight we've used even more gas, 8.2 m3 in exactly 24 hours. This is with the thermostat turned down, now it gets no higher than 21'C. Setting the thermostat to 18 seems to make the house rather chilly. Wireless stat is in a largish kitchen, the rad in there though is quite small, probably too small but it does heat the room up. This rad has no trv.

Sponsored Links
I switched supplier in the summer through the which big switch, during that switch I'm sure my usage in the twelve months previous was just under 22000kwh.

Mugabe never had a cat!

This is his motorcade though. No cats in sight!

article_image.php

My lodger could use that gas in less than one day! You should think yourself lucky!

Mugabe never had a cat!

This is his motorcade though. No cats in sight!

article_image.php

My lodger could use that gas in less than one day! You should think yourself lucky!

Maybe the minimum price on alcohol is a good thing :D

:LOL:

My dad and brother both have WB 25si combis in there houses, my dads being a bungalow and my brothers being a brand new 3 bedroom mid terrace. My brother used 409kwh of gas in October and 560kwh in November, this includes cooking with gas. I know it's a brand new thermally efficient house but I was stunned by how little he uses. Both of them though claim I have the heating side of the boiler set too high, they both set theirs to number 3, mine is now on 5, but if I turn mine any lower one of the living room radiators, which is presumably the last one on the system doesn't get very hot. Is this a sign of the boiler not being set high enough or more of a balancing issue?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back