Excessive gas consumption

The flow will be whatever the boiler can do (14l/min give or take in this case)

Newgas, As your learning - my boiler does 24kW for hot water on demand and has a flow rate of 22l/min @ 40degree . With a capacity of 200 litres every 20 minutes

No helping you lot!!! WHAT ??

Remember on a combi the HW is on demand - so as long as the hot requirements are within tolerable levels the fact that it is a combi doesn't matter a s**t. They are burning what they need for hot water. think about your hot water usage and wonder whether that interruption would make that much of a difference.

I am going for a lovely 20l/min shower and to top up my G&T... back in ten (or so).

i think you have had too much p@@s ;)

Sponsored Links
Remember on a combi the HW is on demand - so as long as the hot requirements are within tolerable levels the fact that it is a combi doesn't matter a s**t. They are burning what they need for hot water. think about your hot water usage and wonder whether that interruption would make that much of a difference.

Get real , if you demand instant hot water from a tap 20 metres away from a combi, and before it gets to that tap it has another 2 or 3 outlets possibly being used at the same time it won`t make it,

get your head out of the theory books and get in the real world, you have never installed or indeed been involved in the planning of a heating system, all you can do is quote silly figures, & read from a book. :rolleyes:

Yes dear.

B - Try reading the rest of my post. And look at my website and see how many combi's you can spot.

Newgas... there is more the boiler world than cylinders and combis. Some of the longer term posters here will now what boiler I have.

Newgas... there is more the boiler world than cylinders and combis. Some of the longer term posters here will now what boiler I have.

I think he means that there is more to the world than ..etc.. he`s probably overdosed on carbon monoxide from one his gas fires that he`s fitted. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
how many kw.s are used for heating hot water,how many hot water outlets,how many people using hot water,have you those big deep baths or those walk in shower rooms.
if i remember these are 2 pump boilers,built in the days of reasonably priced gas suppyl.
i have an apartment let out in london with ceilings 15 foot high, wood flooring,windows bigger than microsoft. 2 walk in shower rooms and 1 ensuite bathroom.just to add 2 washing machines and more rads 22 i think.
3 years ago in a quater winter gas usage was £280.00+.
potterton kingfisher boiler 180.00 btus and an unvented cylinder (new ultrasteel) they are good.
all utility bills now paid by tenant,who is happy with that.
yes that is my pension property.

We have a 10 year old Worcester Bosch 35CDI boiler. Possibly, a little undersized as its heating output is 25 and water 10 and we have 18 radiators.

Thats part of the post that started it all off.

Since then he has ADDED another rad as he seem to have 19 now!

I have read through these four pages to see if I can make any sense of so much confusion over units and kWH.

My conclusion is that 19 rads in a large four bed house are going to consume about 25 kW and cost about £1.25 per hour based on a very good tariff. Nowhere has he told us anything about his tariff! That could be double that figure.

He confuses us by saying that he only uses it for about six hours a day but now has it on all the time. Thats about £30 a day which makes his £100 a week also mentioned seem low!

This seems a totally reasonable charge based on his consumption and a very good tariff.

What has not been mentioned is how many people live there and if the whole house really needs to be heated!

I wonder if he is also heating up a conservatory?

Tony

The OP hasn't said a word for two pages; maybe (s?)he is fed up with the "discussion" going on!

I asked him (her?) yesterday to work out the kW of the radiators and the correct size for the boiler. Until we have that info, there's not much point arguing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back