gas conversion.

J

johnnojob

thanks to all the help on my previous posts.
is it possible to convert a potterton prima 40f boiler currently on natural gas to bottle gas,lpg.
thanks again.
:)

Sponsored Links
conversion kit now delivered to me from a well known heating parts replacement type of place.
paid £43.70 and cheaper than a new boiler,company fitting external bottles have quoted me £240.00 to convert boiler, run a new gas line and do a landslords certificate,they will also supply the lpg. lpg price is around what i was expecting
:cry:
as on a homecare contract should i inform them of the change of fuel ?.
can anyone do it at a lesser price,job is in dover.

why change from NG to LPG? LPG costs more :confused:

And yes, tell your contract provider as they will want to double check it.

Indeed, why the change to expensive LPG?

That price sounds very good to me, I should take them up on it before they change their minds! IIRC LPG is around £50 for a 47kg bottle, although it's a while since I've checked, presumably your installers are not including this in the £240!?

Make sure you check your installers are Gas Safe registered with an LPG ticket

Sponsored Links
conversion reason is due to national grid gas contractor has cut off the gas due to demolition of adjacent shops,i purchased this property 16 years ago as an investment,knowing the development was due to start in 2009.
a new development order has been approved and all of the residental buildings are staying.
when i purchased the property i approached the gas supply company,yes only one them days to register and pay them their bills.
did this for 18 months and no reply so i have not had a gas bill for 16 years.
although i have put bye £300.00 per year if in case they ask for it.
anyway the property is to be sold next march at auction,i am getting out while ahead. homecare only shove a test probe into flue.in and out in 9 minutes.

Rip there arm off, bottles and opso valve are £180 then pipe for the job would maybe £50, would check they are LPG qualified though there are alot of regs with LPG that I won't go into and you could be in trouble if they do it wrong it's not just the line that needs changing! What about cooker or hob fires?

I will bet that they will fit the 2 Pack C/O to the wall. do a pneumatic test and leave you to get the bottles 2 47Kg will set you back £150,
if they are supplying the bottles then they have definately got their sums wrong and are going to make a loss on this job!! :confused:

John, where are the gas bottles to be fitted?

How will they be secured against theft by gypsies?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back