Gas cooker hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have what i think is a standard integrated gas hob and electric fan oven...

Im wanting a ceramic cooker hob fitting... what are my options?

can i get the gas capped and run it off the electric?

Or wi gas being present, do this limit by options to gas only?

Sponsored Links
gas or electric doesn't matter which you have.

but is the electric cable big enough to power an oven and an electric hob?
gas is also more responsive in my opinion.
the gas supply can be capped and left unused if you go all electric

95% of people cooking prefer a gas hob because they are more responsive and the power of some of the burners are higher.

I fitted a gas cooker for a lady about 10 months. That cooker cost about £450 !

Last week she called me to get the gas cooker removed so that she could have a new electric cooker fitted with a flat ceramic hob as they are easier to clean.

She sold the old cooker for just £50 !

This is someone living in a housing association house!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I dont know what that is meant to mean.

But she seems to have too much money to waste!

Tony

Most people expect HA properties to be allocated to people on lower incomes who are unable to afford to purchase their own property.

Tony

do you know how an HA points system works?

In your area I expect its in accordance with the Housing ( Scotland ) Act 1987 ( as amended ).

One of their points is that they "ignore money owned and ownership of other properties". That sounds very odd!

Its even stranger as one West African Brent councillor was I think imprisoned because she rented a council property when she owned another property which she rented out!

However, the public expectation is that housing association properties will NOT be allocated to those who can easily buy their own property.

Tony

imho your postings come across as a typical middle england, conservative with a small c, xenophobic and, again imho, racist opinions.

post on fixing boilers, just drop the " in my opinion sheeite " it really is tiresome.

Agile is 100 per cent right!

Too many scroungers living in council houses, doing nothing, contributing nothing, driving around in people carriers whilst mugs like you and me pay their rent/council tax and give them an income.

If it was up to me anyone unemployed would be made to clean/sweep the streets, clean up graffiti, and pick up dog turds.
If they did not comply I would evict them from their semi detached house/garden and house them in a container.

Lets see how short the unemployment list shrinks. ;)

I am 100% right?

All I intended to imply is that she lives in a HA house and does not have much money to throw away. Yet she buys a £450 cooker, pays me to fit it and in less than a year "gives" it away for just £50 when she is not flush with cash!

I did tell her on the phone that it was probably worth at least £150 or more and that she should sell it for an appropriate amount.

Tony

I am 100% right?

Don`t get excited, it wasn`t meant as a compliment I would have posted the same to anyone who had posted that comment. My point has been made. 100% 75%? Grow up, you know what I meant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back