Gas Courses........

kkj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of doing a 14 weeks course at Barnsley, the course is CCN1 and MET1. I wanted to know is it a good course? Does it recognizable by the industry?

Because there are so many centre who are doing these types of course. There is Met UK as well.

I am not sure what to do........ Help me please

Sponsored Links
Don't do it - the industry despite what the government say is awash with too many people at the moment. Whether this is because of the Poles or other reasons I don't know.

If you still plan on going ahead - do not pay any money for a course until you get a Work Placement with a RGI as you cannot take the ACS without a portfolio of evidence of practical experience

Don't do it - the industry despite what the government say is awash with too many people at the moment. Whether this is because of the Poles or other reasons I don't know.

If you still plan on going ahead - do not pay any money for a course until you get a Work Placement with a RGI as you cannot take the ACS without a portfolio of evidence of practical experience
Excellent advice get the job placement first, you will need a minimum of 70 days gas experience all documented before you are eligable to sit an ACS exam (40 days if cookers only).

kk

some of the better training centres offer placements as well...these are the good ones with a good rep within the industry as i have offered placements to a few peeps myself

Try Hybrid Tech Services in Aintree believe they do placements from course

regards

Sponsored Links
I personally trained with met-uk and found them to be an excellent training provider. Infact I travelled up to rotherham from kent to do the multiskilled gas course.
finished training in Dec, was accepted onto corgi in jan, own business up and running and work picking up well despite the efforts of gordon at no10!
Tips for met-uk
Take the money not the tools (£200)
Tell em to keep the plumbing course home study book, its not worth a hand job as no qulification just an accreditaion. ( could be worth £200 to you)
Find your own accomadation if you have to stay up there (local B+Bs can be had for £20 quid a night) The hotel met-uk put me in was a crappy little business motel, the staff were mostly polish, ignorant and surley and the food was crap. And cost £40 a night
MOST Important...Get a decent placement. I made the mistake of finding my own at first and spent 6 weeks carring his tools and not much else! The placement met-uk found for me was top, the guy was a great teacher, didnt cut corners and let me make mistakes (and then put them right myself!) with out stessing about the time taken.

I live and work in a town with a technical college that pumps out plumbers at a rate of a million a year and Im still in demand!

I have high standards, have a professional image (sign written van, logos on poloshirts, proper letterheads invoices and a website)and an increasing loyal customer base and am making good contacts with other trades.

Back