Gas fire - What will prevent a down draught

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
People,

I have a Kinder Oasis Gas fire which requires a service. In addition, when the Gas Fire is off there is a nasty down draught from the Chimney.

Can anyone please advise what could be fitted to the Chimney to prevent the down draught.

Some pictures or a link to a photo would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Need Help21

Sponsored Links
Just Google Aspiromatic. Not cheap though.Sorry don't know how to post a link.http://www.fluesystems.com/cowls/info/aspiromatic.htm

Sponsored Links
So are guns knifes and poisons. because they are on sale doesnt make them safe to use in every instance.

Chimney purposely blocked to stop draught householder knows. Decides to go out for the night gets baby sitter in to look after kids baby sitter feels cold turns fire on as any normal person would less than 30 minutes baby sitter and kids are DEAD.

edit
repling to post no longer there

People,

I have a Kinder Oasis Gas fire which requires a service. In addition, when the Gas Fire is off there is a nasty down draught from the Chimney.

Need Help21
So logically - @ certain times when the fire is on - there will be a downdraught . Rip the fire out and forget it - I might joke on this forum , But I don`t joke about possible Carbon Monoxide leaking into rooms :idea: . I seriously believe all gas fires should be banned unless completely room sealed behind glass

I dont know what was removed.

Perhaps it was the plastic baloon sold for this purpose?

Gas engineers dont like them because we feel they are potentially dangerous.

The makers say it will melt if the fire is turned on!

Gas Safe say there is no legislation to prevent them being used.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back