Gas Hob and Ventilation

• Thread starter WhoCares...
  • Start date
W

WhoCares...

We've just had one dual fuel cooker replaced with another, our neighbour who's a Corgi registered engineer did the work - fitted the hose, linked it up to the bayonet, checked for leaks etc.

One of our other neighbours is telling us that we shouldn't have a gas cooker as there's not adequate ventilation. Her view is based on her previous experience where an engineer refused to fit a gas cooker "on an internal wall" because there wasn't adequate ventilation.

I've had a look for information on the ventilation regs but they don't seem to be publicly available. I'm pretty sure the Corgi guy wouldn't have fitted it if there was anything wrong (he wouldn't do the electrics for example), but can someone put my mind at rest?

Our kitchen is between 18m3 & 19m3, has no other gas appliances in it, and has an both an external door and window.

Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
If your external door and window go straight to outside and not into a 'lean to' or the like then you are ok.

Your unqualified neighbour is casting unfounded doubts on your installer.

Thanks for the confirmation, the door and window go straight to the outside, so I can shut the woman casting doubts up now.

We've only just moved in but wonder if there's some past history between the neighbours...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back