Fitting a freestanding gas cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm buying a new freestanding gas cooker - do I have to have this fitted by a Corgi installer. I have the bayonet fixing on the wall and the hook that the chain from the cooker will attach to. Can I just by the hose (C2 Kit they used to be called) and fit this to the cooker and plug it in by the bayonet fixing to the wall? If I have to get an installer - how much should I expect to pay roughly?

Sponsored Links
Can I just by the hose (C2 Kit they used to be called) and fit this to the cooker and plug it in by the bayonet

yes you can have you the faintest what the hell to do next :?: :?: :?:

price = shedloads of your hard earned bonny lad ;)

Has far as i'm aware you need it done by a Corgi installer "remember Sinbad in brooky"
When I had mine done four years ago it cost me £95 for 10mins work. If you don't have it done they have got you by the B***s for insurance and all that. I have just been stitched by not using A corgi registerd fitter to do me C/H.
I think they are called Corgi because they must live the same lifestyle as the queens dogs with the money they charge :)

Sponsored Links
When I had mine done four years ago it cost me £95 for 10mins work.

aye fella and it costs the reg installer £750 every 5 yr and £180 every year to keep his ticket :rolleyes:

and before you get on the frikking band waggon no i aint but i have been and will be again :LOL:

sorry for the flippancy guys. I appreciate you too get frustrated with all the changes in legislation and the costs that come with it. Why is it that with every law that comes in it comes with a price tag and it is the government that benefits?
It must also be frustrating being pushed out by the big boys who are usually the ones guilty of ripping people off and shoddy workmanship. To see a decent plumber at work is an artform.

Welstead, I don't think you will get an answer to your question from a real plumber, read fitz1's signature.

Fitz I'm not a tradesman as I supposed you guested.

payne166 said:
When I had mine done four years ago it cost me £95 for 10mins work.

No doubt he spent an hour or so traveling to and from the job, another hour trying to find somewhere to park (London) plus all his overheads.

probably find the poster is a Solicitor who charges £200 an hour :LOL:

In answer to your question ... It needs to be installed by someone who is competent to do so.

Corgi's are competent in the eyes of the law by virtue of their training and certification. Anyone else would need to prove competence should the need arise i.e. If they blow the street up!

Judging by your question Welly I don't think we'd need Judge John Deed to rule that you are not competent to do the work.

Pay the cash and get a good night's sleep or DIY and risk sleeping forever :!:

probably find the poster is a Solicitor who charges £200 an hour

Nah, not enough herewith's and notwithstandings to be a solicitor, can't be a Doctor either as the spellings too good ... Hmmmnnnn ... An estate agent perhaps?

Corgi's are competent in the eyes of the law by virtue of their training and certification. Anyone else would need to prove competence should the need arise i.e. If they blow the street up!
christ JD some bugger has seen the light ;)

esra_ptrap said:
probably find the poster is a Solicitor who charges £200 an hour

Nah, not enough herewith's and notwithstandings to be a solicitor, can't be a Doctor either as the spellings too good ... Hmmmnnnn ... An estate agent perhaps?
Not even close, I work in the care industry so you can imagine those pennies really do count.

Welstead said:
i just need to no how to fit it

unless you can prove competantcy you must get a "corgi" type person to install it for you as the hose fitting MUST be checked properly

I wouldnt expect to pay mush more than 50 plus VAT to fit it (if its a brand new one if its a second hand one good luck in finding someone)

I hope that helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back