Fitting a freestanding gas cooker

At least that's an honourable profession, if you'd been an estate agent the advice would have been along the lines of ... Connect the pipe to the cooker, remove the 'O' ring from the hose and connect the hose to the bayonet fixing ... Wait 15 minutes and have a fag to celebrate your good work :LOL:

For any stupid people reading this ... DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME :!:

Sponsored Links
Don't the big stores offer a fitting service

I think you may be right ...

For any stupid people reading this AND big store fitters ... DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME :LOL:

payne166 said:
esra_ptrap said:
probably find the poster is a Solicitor who charges £200 an hour

Nah, not enough herewith's and notwithstandings to be a solicitor, can't be a Doctor either as the spellings too good ... Hmmmnnnn ... An estate agent perhaps?
Not even close, I work in the care industry so you can imagine those pennies really do count.

and i work in enough care homes and kids homes no probs i also hava a disabled daughter and as i am sure you will appreciate the git takes a wad

but when you get to the day yer can't laff yer chuck the flaming lot in ;)

the bastard s aint ground me down that far yet marra

Sponsored Links
welly, is my wife and and not an agent but can spell unlike me!

So lets have the how to fit the hose to gas cooker in the diy simple part A into part B - i am very good at diy so i might understand!

You wont as you need to under take a tightness test, gas rate, safety check the appliance and notify CORGI you have installed it

I am not telling how to do the above cos if you dont know you aint competant and you should not be doing it

:)

quote]

aye fella and it costs the reg installer £750 every 5 yr and £180 every year to keep his ticket :rolleyes:

quote]

+ van insurance
+ public liability
+ employers liability
+ competent persons schemes (just been to told I need part f of the building regs for fittings a bathroom fan or cooker hood which extracts to outside) so thats more money

anyway , if all you pipework is in order and correctly sized and its going in the same place £85

aye fella and it costs the reg installer £750 every 5 yr and £180 every year to keep his ticket

quote]

+ van insurance
+ public liability
+ employers liability
+ competent persons schemes (just been to told I need part f of the building regs for fittings a bathroom fan or cooker hood which extracts to outside) so thats more money
sat nav
42 inch plasma
private posh car
holidays
holiday homes
expensive wife and kids
new kitchen
new leather suite
surround sound system
conservatory
AND THATS JUST THIS MONTH :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

esra_ptrap said:
In answer to your question ... It needs to be installed by someone who is competent to do so.

Corgi's are competent in the eyes of the law by virtue of their training and certification. Anyone else would need to prove competence should the need arise i.e. If they blow the street up!

Judging by your question Welly I don't think we'd need Judge John Deed to rule that you are not competent to do the work.

Pay the cash and get a good night's sleep or DIY and risk sleeping forever :!:

Answer to the original and all subsequent questions of the thread summed up nicely me thinks

Now, not only would he have to be corgi registered, but should he have the cooker module on the back of his card? Thoughts please :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back