GAS mdpe service pipe underground. One for the experts.

At a rough count then, it would appear that with a few notable exceptions, most of the responders to my thread are idiots. God help your customers if you are so called professionals.

" -- bet those guys were having a laugh at your expense -- "

" -- some old fart of a 'know-it-all' looking over your shoulder-- "

No. I was the one having a laugh at their expense, and yes I did indeed know it all compared to them.

Why do you think so many Polish and other EU nationals do so well in trades over here? It's because they are generally more intelligent and better educated. People over here, for the most part, don't volunteer to dig holes and get filthy for a living in a manual trade, or become gas meter fitters -- unless they are earning a very fat salary -- , if they have a reasonable level functioning grey matter. Instead they become the chaps in charge of, or own the companies that employ them.

And again Mr turd, you make the same mistake of assuming I'm old. I'm not. Try 35, and in a very well paid professional business.

I'll leave you all now to have the last words. You and I both know you won't be happy unless you do.

So fire away children. Show yourselves up for the simpletons that you are, and get back to work. But next time, please do a decent job, lest you lose it to a Romanian or Polish plumber/fitter. He'll likely do a far cheaper and better job than you ever can.

I'm certain that there are decent intelligent professionals on this board. It's a shame that there are also so many fools.

Sponsored Links
Fellas, in fairness to the op he wasn't really asking too much. He got what he wanted which was minimal groundwork and his drive intact. If you were in his position, what would you have done?

What's a bit more worrying is the question of how long matey boy's mano had been at fault :eek:

Nobig deal, it happens all the time where the tube perishes where it gets pushed on and pulled off test nipples.

Sponsored Links
At a rough count then, it would appear that with a few notable exceptions, most of the responders to my thread are idiots. God help your customers if you are so called professionals.

" -- bet those guys were having a laugh at your expense -- "

" -- some old fart of a 'know-it-all' looking over your shoulder-- "

No. I was the one having a laugh at their expense, and yes I did indeed know it all compared to them.

Why do you think so many Polish and other EU nationals do so well in trades over here? It's because they are generally more intelligent and better educated. People over here, for the most part, don't volunteer to dig holes and get filthy for a living in a manual trade, or become gas meter fitters -- unless they are earning a very fat salary -- , if they have a reasonable level functioning grey matter. Instead they become the chaps in charge of, or own the companies that employ them.

And again Mr turd, you make the same mistake of assuming I'm old. I'm not. Try 35, and in a very well paid professional business.

I'll leave you all now to have the last words. You and I both know you won't be happy unless you do.

So fire away children. Show yourselves up for the simpletons that you are, and get back to work. But next time, please do a decent job, lest you lose it to a Romanian or Polish plumber/fitter. He'll likely do a far cheaper and better job than you ever can.

I'm certain that there are decent intelligent professionals on this board. It's a shame that there are also so many fools.

Glad to be of service Victor, most of the sausage rolls & Lats have gone home now by the way. Made a complete ar.se of jobs & we are now coining it in sorting it out for the mugs that employed them in the first place.....karching!!£££!!...... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back