Gas Meter Size ??

We're going around in circles here. There's no point in repeatedly asking me if I've read your post, when clearly I've been reading, and quoting, and commenting on your post.

I suspect you're no more than a wind-up merchant, but whatever you are you've made a glaring technical error that you can't hide.

Sponsored Links
To others reading this! Dr Drivel made a glaring error by rating a thermal store as 65 kW. Thats the wrong unit to use and for someone who thinks that he is knowledgeable a serious mistake that demonstrates his understanding of physics is very poor.

Look at this though! He then attempts to cover up his error by EDITING what he said before to correct it ! However if you examine the postings carefully you will see that he is unable to edit what he said before that Softus and I have quoted in our posts.

All in all a very sad case. If he was a normal person he would have admitted his mistake and apologised for it.

Tony

For once, Agile, we are in concert. How strange life is.

You pointed out that DD has edited his post, and indeed he has, but the most amusing thing of all is that the edit has failed to correct the original error.

Here's how it looked before the edit:

It is actually 65kW of energy, but heat is better for plumbers to understand. Will you give us the calcs to work it out, and cylinder size?
And here's the beginning what he added at on Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:40 am:

I'll help you along. Some basic for you, as you get confused with energy and power. Understand these basics first.

Power
...followed by some plagiarised definitions that he clearly doesn't understand.

So, here's how it looks after the edit.

It is actually 65kW of energy, but heat is better for plumbers to understand. Will you give us the calcs to work it out, and cylinder size?

I'll help you along. Some basic for you, as you get confused with energy and power. Understand these basics first.

Power
etc.

So his idea of 65kW being a measurement of energy remains there for all to see.

He is such an ar*e that I find myself on the verge of feeling sorry for him.

Be aware that he is old and retired. Probably suffers from memory loss and some loss of facilities!

Its just a function of old age which will affect all of us who live long enough.

If he was a real person we would be meeting him at our meals out, exhibitions, meetings of the IPHE etc.

However, he keeps his identity hidden and no one has evey met him!!!

Perhaps he is posting from his care home?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Be aware that he is old and retired. Probably suffers from memory loss and some loss of facilities!

Its just a function of old age which will affect all of us who live long enough.

If he was a real person we would be meeting him at our meals out, exhibitions, meetings of the IPHE etc.

However, he keeps his identity hidden and no one has evey met him!!!

Perhaps he is posting from his care home?

Tony

Edit; thought I did but didn't.

Just do as I do, put him in your ignore list and have a standard non-reply, reply. He is not worth the time or effort.

Can't hear you Drivel, but no doubt you're wrong, incompetent and dangerous as usual.

No still can't hear you, what was that? you still haven't got any real experience of boilers or gas appliances?

No definately can't hear you still.

Moderator 7 said:
Please note rules 1 & 2.
Indeed. Fair point.

However, at what point does a moderator intervene with polite posts that contain potentially dangerous nonsense?

If a post doesn't break a forum rule, who decides whether or not a member is competent to post?

Is there a mechanism for reporting a repudiatory failure to provide safe advice?

Can't hear you Drivel, but no doubt you're wrong, incompetent and dangerous as usual.

No still can't hear you, what was that? you still haven't got any real experience of boilers or gas appliances?

No definately can't hear you still.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back