gas oil vs natural gas

If I owned a cinema and thought it has a useful business like of at least 5 years then I would be fitting a gas fired warm air unit.

Many cinema sites have considerable development value but that is often stimied by a listing. The State cinema in kilburn is a prime example of a listed building on a third clas high street with no current viable alternative use.

In London the most popular alternative use is for evangelical religions just like the old BBC Golder's Green Hippodrome.

Have you shown "Mugabe and the White African" yet? It was only a low budget film but ran for about six weeks at the Odeon Leicester Square and then round the country.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Its got a brand new Nuway Burner!! wow

Go for the NXR4 with a Riello RS Gas Burner this will be pretty quiet

(I've services 4 Britannia's today in a school in Loughton so they are not as rare as you might think!) ;)

Hi Tony, yes we have screened "Mugabe & The White African"
Boilerman2, the burner is a nu way, NOL13 on off. it has a 1.5 and 2.5 nozzle on it, which equates to 15ltrs per hour apparently. i think the spray pattern is 60 degree solid.
NXR4 looks to be good, with a riello hi low burner, probably on gas..

The Riello is the Quietest Blown Gas Burner on the market so would suit a Cinema very well, by keeping a boiler you will be preseving the original fabric of the building and keeping "old time feel" ;)

Sponsored Links
If I were ever to go to the cinema again I would be more inclined if they had a nice and efficient gas fired warm air unit and brought the price down from £10 to £8.

A friend I used to have was an accountant and worked for Rank and his job was to split all the ABC cinemas into multi screen places. I thought that was unforgivable! ABC Bayswater was one of his earlier disasters! He thought they made more money showing five different films! I suppose he was right otherwise they would have closed and been demolished.

See this link for a description of the days of REAL cinema at the ABC before my friend spoilt it all! http://www.cinephoto.co.uk/queens_bayswater.htm

I went to one once and it was about the size of my lounge with about 32 seats! I would prefer to be at home watching on my home cinema with a drink in my hand !

Having said that I do love the old cinemas with the Wurlitzer organs which rise up from the floor! I used to play the organ for fun. And the potential for wide screen films with 7 channel audio can be a wonderful experience.

I expect there is a Cinema Society somewhere concentrating on the buildings and equipment rather then just the films. But I am already a member of the Piers Society and the Vintage Radio Society so cannot join everything!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back