Gas oven supply size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have an integrated double electric oven at the moment and I'm thinking of having a double gas oven with electric grill installed instead. We already have a gas hob.
Looking at the gas supply, its 28mm leaving the meter and then reappears at the boiler as 22mm. The hob is 15mm. (no idea where the pipe changes its sizes, but it's a new build, 2 years old if that would make any difference? )
Any idea if the 15mm at the hob will be bigger enough to supply the double oven also? Is there some sort of flow meter a plumber would have to connect to pipe to check? Is there a simple way to check to know if the 15mm pipe is big enough?
Clearly, I won't be installing myself, but if 15mm is a defo no, I will stick with electric as I don't want the hassle of ripping floors up and chasing larger pipe into the walls.
Here is a link to the oven- https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/cooking/ovens/belling-bi90g-gas-double-oven-stainless-steel-03858303-pdt.html?istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=mlawttp&istBid=tztx&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~0103 (PLA) MDA Integrated Cooking - BUILT-IN COOKING CORE - Generic~0103 (PLA) BUILT-IN COOKING CORE ad group~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&kwid=GOOGLE&device=c&ds_kids=92700027234636957&tgtid=0103 (PLA) MDA Integrated Cooking - BUILT-IN COOKING CORE - Generic&&gclid=CjwKCAiAqaTjBRAdEiwAOdx9xhXx2-KR2wf8ljMLpB4uklzBQBbVfK3bRc1Y-JdOOvluSTE2nWc35hoCAaIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
thankyou.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
15mm (old 1/2" ) will be fine for a domestic cooker. You would need to be running some sort of industrial catering cooker to need any more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back