Gas pipe earthing - inside or out?

The 600mm is referred to in our corgi handbooks and by our inspectors on our annual inspection.

Sponsored Links
i read the reg as being within 600mm of where the service enters the house, or within 600mm of the meter / stop tap if the meter / stop tap is internal.. ( and in both cases, before any branched in pipework.. )

if the meter is external and splits to provide 2 points of entry such as going outside to the back to feed the kitchen, and through the wall to feed the lounge fire, then it's got to be bonded at both points..

This is really confusing as our gas regs etc state 'before the first T' :rolleyes:

Think I'll just have another Bacardi :LOL:

This is why after wasting £1500 on part P course and megger I now very rarely get involved with electrics. I use my Part P mostly to advise that there are faults/problems and get an approved sparks in.

What a waste of money, just like my solar hot water training :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back