Gas pipe length issue

My local distributor is SGN and I know they can do it but are there any other companies that you would recommend to move the meter.

Sponsored Links
Just like to say thanks for the advice, SGN are sending out a surveyor today to look the options

Anyone investigating the situation would FIRST measure the pressure out of the meter!

If the pressure going into the pipe is not correct the it will never get a correct pressure out!

Any competent person installing a gas pipe has to CALCULATE the pressure loss in order to select an appropriate pipe size!

With considerable costs involved with an installation like this it is incumbent on the person paying to engage a competent person who will take responsibility for his decisions.

Tony

Sponsored Links
It's a six bed house, the person involved is no longer on the job, we have underfloor heating in a new build and that requires 17kw max load and five bathrooms and have a 300L unvented cylinder. I'm now looking at best way forward but want some information before finding someone to take over.

Did Tony size the cylinder and boiler? :ROFLMAO:

Anyone investigating the situation would FIRST measure the pressure out of the meter!

If the pressure going into the pipe is not correct the it will never get a correct pressure out!

Any competent person installing a gas pipe has to CALCULATE the pressure loss in order to select an appropriate pipe size!

With considerable costs involved with an installation like this it is incumbent on the person paying to engage a competent person who will take responsibility for his decisions.

Tony
Like ****ing into the wind trying to give this OP sensible advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back