Gas pipe obstructing new oven

Donna is brassic Harry she can't afford f*ck all Moving the gas and electrics into an adjacent cupboard is something she didn't want to hear when she joined up to diynot today.

Sponsored Links
I can't get a full picture but it looks like this, with the oven and hob plugged into it.

Attachments

• 20220919_210854.jpg
    20220919_210854.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 47
Gant - I've come to the conclusion that the heavily used plastic card is going to have to come out!

I have 565 mm from the electrical point to the front of unit, including the lip at the front. I assume there needs to be a minimum space between that and the oven therefore the whole lot is going to have to move.

Sponsored Links
Gant - I've come to the conclusion that the heavily used plastic card is going to have to come out!
In the old days you'd have a husband who knew dodgy Dave down the pub, now your a victim of 'progress' Donna. Sounds like you might be collecting a government pension at 70 years of age given the relentless need for progression.

No it wasn't a wind, just a stressed out person who doesn't know much about gas and electrics looking for some help, which I thought this website was for. Thanks anyways guys.

Harry, thank you for replying. I will get someone out to look at it and a quote.

You'll learn the ropes Donna if you pop in again. General discussion doesn't take any prisoners, it's a post more aligned to be put in plumbing and central heating.

Bosch. depth 548mm

Hotpoint. depth 551mm

Hoover. depth 567mm

Haaden. depth 550mm

Zanussi. depth 568mm

Lamona. 567mm

Depth of standard kitchen unit. (not including door) 575mm (howdens)

Depth of 15mm pipe mounted on bracket = 25-30 mm

Depth of oven is to the front surface of the oven, and will align flush with the doors or end panels either side so deduct 20mm from the oven dimensions to find the clearance.
There is a cutout at the top rear of the oven to allow for a gas feed to a hob, this may vary between manufacturers.

All the above manufacturers will fit comfortably if the pipe clip is below the oven and above the cutout at the top of the oven.

If you're looking for an oven that will fit pipework likely done 20 years ago, in units that may or may have not have some shaved off the back to allow for wall curvage, you are, in a word, f****d.

There is always the possibility of moving the vertical pipe to the right and bringing it up behind the adjacent cupboard and then drilling a hole through the cupboard for the hob connection. This will give you full depth for your oven, (which will be fed from a flexible gas pipe), to allow insertion and removal for servicing. The flexible pipe could be connected to the incoming gas pipe below the base shelf of the oven opening.
Speak to a Gas Safe engineer before deciding to change to an electric hob. If it's gas you really want then it's often better to bite the bullet and maybe pay a little extra to get it. Compromising can be a very expensive mistake.
flexible gas pipe really !!!!! do you know why there is rules why flexible pipes are not used when there is an oven below them

There's some confusion here perhaps. Electric oven, gas hob, right? So no rubber hoses unless the hob manufacturer allows it.

If your worktop's 600mm, perhaps you have the cupboards set back eating your clearance at the back?
If needs must then you could get the valve moved down the pipe and turned to the right below the level of the oven base, and then carry on with the gas pipe up the corner. I had a couple done in something like 10mm, ie a skinnier pipe, from the valve, which made it quicker to do as well.
Shouldn't take more than an hour anyway.

They do still exist? Unless I'm missing something in the thread cause tbh can't be ar5ed reading it all :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back