Gas pipe puncture

Muffty Please dont do it cos you have neither the equipment or skills to check that you got it right.

Is it not worth the peace of mind for a professional to do it for you?

What price do you put on the home and live of your son?

Sorry to be melodramatic but the worst could so easliy happen

Sponsored Links
Hmmm I suppose that the big advantage is that he wouldn't have to lay that laminate flooring :LOL:

And if he did have any water leaks, they would dry up pretty quickly :eek:

By all means knock the floor up and expose the pipe so that the gas man will be in and out and charge you just the minimum

Yes corgiman you have convinced me, but it really isn't about the cost it's really about freezing to death waiting for a plumber who never arrives. But he is young he can work hard and keep warm. I do appreciate your help although I thought you may well answer as you have, after all, you are profesional tradesman and I could not expect you to recommend anything which, in your opinions, was unsafe

Take care and thanks

Sponsored Links
i'm sure you are aware you guys are like gold dust, my son lives near London which makes it even worse.

Once again many thanks

I dont know where you get that idea!

I am in London, and if I dont get to a boiler the same day, someone else always does!!!

There are no shortages of RGIs in London able and willing to rush out the same day, often within one hour!

It only seems to be BG who have a problem getting out quickly as they have given redundancy to so many of their engineers that they are lurking ready to rush out quickly.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back