gas pipe sleeving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After some advice, we have recently moved home and have noticed that the gas pipe to the combi passes through the cavity wall and has been taped up. In our last house i remember we had to pay extra to have the pipe sleeved in larger pipe when it passed through the wall.
The combi was installed about 10 years ago looking at the commissioning page.
We had the cavity walls filled just before christmas not sure if that should affect things.
There is no problems but obviously dont want the house to be dangerous especially with gas. Should i look at getting a gas fitter in to repipe through the brick wall or is the tape enough?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Its part of the gas regulations that gas pipes are sleeved where they pass through any wall.

Thats to prevent gas leaking into a cavity and to give some leeway to prevent damage to the gas pipe from differential settlement.

slab-floor-crack-lg.jpg

Neither is likely in your case so nothing to be bothered about and centainly not worth spending the £90 you would have to pay to correct it.

Tony

thanks for clearing that up. Downside is thats more money the wife will spend on paint for me to use :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back