To sleeve or not to sleeve??

lol

i do think it 25mm though!

4 inches (or 100mm in roman catholic) from cables?

Sponsored Links
Nope both wrong!

Oh no! you failed your resit,
Now you're gonna have to take the whole assessment again!!
Never mind, £50 discount this time :)

Sorry Ronnie, I'd have to fail you on your ACS for that.
(you're only allowed to tick one box ;) )

gods honest truth........ for a laugh one of the boys when sitting his direct fired (sure one paper only had 6 questions on it) ticked all 4 boxes on every answer. Old examiner just whacked the acetate on top of his answer sheet and passed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lad put him right told him error of his ways!!

Sponsored Links
300mm

max distance for bonding from meter

WHAT??

300mm is NOT the distance a gas pipe has to be away from a light switch, and it's NOT the distance bonding can/has to be from a meter.

25mm from from cables ect , think it is 150mm from a meter , if these distances cannot be adhered to the gas pipe can be insulated ( I think ?) , however all this is all very well , eg 25mm untill one starts shunting gas pipes under flooring ;)

Bonding is 600mm from meter max , think that is meters fitted internally , outside meters are slightly different (?) close as possible to point of entry to building ?? i think ???? but ???

blimey, I never realised there were so many rules and regulations and they are being divulged on a DIY forum. :eek:

The question was:
How far does a gas pipe have to be away from a light switch?

Sfunny, a lot of ACS candidates don't read the question either.... :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back