To sleeve or not to sleeve??

So is the area between first floor joists a duck....no sorry a duct??

So that's the punchline (point) dick??

I knew it wasn't a joke, I was just wondering why you were asking the question.

corgi did a technical bulletin (217) which reckoned that there was enough adventitious ventilation to not need sleeving.

Sponsored Links
No dad I do what tony said...stick a bit of sleeving in either end to make it look good.
Read what I put dick, according to corgi you don't need to sleeve between floors and ceilings cos there's enough ventilation.

Sponsored Links
My question estate with medium pressure gas supply , inset meter box has pipe exiting through the back of the box through the spigot adaptor what would you be checking and classing it as
class as AR, pipe should exit bottom of meter box, also vent from gov should go down through bottom.

twgas thats right spoil it i was waiting till some one said seal it :LOL: :LOL:

Too busy having a forum fight to answer daft gas questions.....which is just as well cos I didn't know that. :oops:

I got a question , can a gas pipe be installed in the cavity of a wall ??

as far as im aware of you cant install a pipe vertically in a cavity. bs6891 allows pipes to be installed behind dry lined walls(although still not in cavitiess of cavity walls.

were a gas pipe is to be installed behind a dry lining it has to be incased in some form of building material .. like wooden battons either side of the pipe and behind

Easy one transam yes you can but only when fitting an inset fire and shortest route possible must be taken

u cannot install a gas pipe in the cavity of a wall vertically, i think ur getting mixed up with passing through solid floors, then you should take the shortest possible route . very obvious reason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back