Gas pipe through door step...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having my front door moved and as part of that work the gas meter is being moved too.

I believe the gas chap is going to join on to the existing pipe under the screed and then come out through the wall in a sleeve (im sure he said 32mm waste pipe for this) before clipping along the outside wall to the new meter location.

Below is a random pic I found on the web but basically my arrangement will be similar but the pipe will turn under the step and enter the house to the join under the screed.

I didn't discuss with the chap when he was here but will there be any problem with the gas pipe inside the step? Would it need sleeving? And would that sleeving need to join to the one that goes through the wall.

This is more about how i design the step than the gas side of world so i hope its not a problem to ask this gas type question here

2013-09-20-15.25.08.jpg

Sponsored Links
I'm no gas man nor builder but that does not look like an ideal arrangement to me.
That step will have people walking on it, loads placed on it etc.
Methinks that it will eventually move downwards on the thicker copper pipe that its laying on and that could cause problems.

So for your installation I'd suggest that the pipe is deeper so nothing is lying on it like in the pic.

Granted mine will be about 120mm below DPC level so not exactly like that picture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back