Gas pipe touching back of oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice please - we've just had our kitchen remodelled and the fitters have put the gas inlet pipe for the hob behind the electric oven (touching the back), they told my husband this was so they wouldn't have to limit the depth of the storage drawers next to it. Am i over-reacting or are there any safety concerns? Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advice please - we've just had our kitchen remodelled and the fitters have put the gas inlet pipe for the hob behind the electric oven (touching the back), they told my husband this was so they wouldn't have to limit the depth of the storage drawers next to it. Am i over-reacting or are there any safety concerns? Thank you!

Are you saying the oven doesnt fit fully back ? poor gas fitting if this is the case. How do you know it touches the back of the oven if the first point is incorrect.

Sounds like poor workmanship.

that's correct, the oven protrudes ever so slightly, barely noticeable visually but i'm more concerned with the safety issue rather than the aesthetics.

Sponsored Links
It aint right, if the oven is screwed back as they usually are its putting strain on the pipe this in turn could be putting strain on a soldered fitting.

Gas pipework should not be subjected to stress, so its wrong.
The gas fitter may not have known it was going to foul on the oven, personally I put the oven in to position to check what space is available through the hob cut out.

Get the kitchen company back out !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back