gas pipes question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all I’m new here

have a reasonable background in electrics but know squat all about gas :)

am having a extension and am going to have a new combi boiler as part of it, as I’m currently chasing lots of cables, and would also like to chase slots for the gas pipes, as i don’t have to pay me.

what i wanted to know is sighting a boiler complicated i have a bit of wall in my new kitchen under a flat roof where it can be flued. is my installer liable to say he doesn’t like the spot for something I’ve never thought of?

also I wanted to know what regulations/good practice is there for burying gas pipes in walls, do they have to be a certain depth? at certain heights? how much room will an installer need to do the soldering? Do they need a certain size or type of conduit ( I assume 22mm pipe is in order)? Im looking at about 6-7m from my meter to the boiler could do it with only 4 90 bends if it ran all at the height of the meter or boiler but don’t know if my installer will look at it and do it again himself if I did that.

lastly has any one any experience of the Chaffatoteaux & Maury HE 30?

I know I could ask when I get the quote but is so much easier to explain if what I’m going to do is done when I get it.

Thanks a lot
Tim

Sponsored Links
Whatever you do get the CORGI registered installer to agree with you where the boiler should go.

There are a lot of regulations to follow!

Tony

has any one any experience of the Chaffoteaux & Maury HE 30?
Although I don't know this particular boiler, I used to install quite a few C&M Britony combis and have subsequently maintained them. I think their main virtue is being cheap. Reliability is not good and the plastic components sometimes had pinhole leaks! Unless they've got their act together recently, I'd give them a miss.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back