gas pressure to low for gas fire???

not sure how far they run need to get floor boards up but they have nailed them down so its gonna probabily ruin the taking them up and im on a tight budget so was just seeing how likley the solution is question it too work

Most gas fires, where it is mentioned, states that a max of 1m of 8mm is permitted.

Sponsored Links

well theres over 2m of 8mm coming down the living room wall to the fire

Are you saying the 8mm goes UP the wall to under the bedroom floors? So an absolute minimum of 3M (2.4M ceiling plus horizontal to fire).

Needs re piping for certain. Did the fitter not notice before he fitted fire?

LOL!! I didn't expect that!! I feel your pain mate, there's too many 6 week course cowboys in the gas industry, too many training establishments willing to take their money to turn a Milkman into a Gas Engineer.

Sponsored Links
It's the same fitter who won t sign it off who fit the 8mm he replaced the old 8mm with new 8mm coming down the wall?

It's the same fitter who won t sign it off who fit the 8mm he replaced the old 8mm with new 8mm coming down the wall?

Ah!! In that case then, I'd say he has a certain responsibility to sort it out then. But wait a couple of minutes & a member of the combustion chamber pot will be along to patronise you as best they can, with their pearls of wisdom.

I rarely criticise others here, as we have all made mistakes, and we weren't present when the work was done, so don't always have the full story, But............

OP: what is the model of the fire fitted, and what is the rated max input?
Why was the 8mm replaced at all, if it is replaced with the same size?

LOL!! I didn't expect that!! I feel your pain mate, there's too many 6 week course cowboys in the gas industry, too many training establishments willing to take their money to turn a Milkman into a Gas Engineer.

Didn't take you long to get course cowboy in :LOL:

its a crystal sapphire mk2 hole in the wall slimline fire to fit a pre fabricated flue.

he replaced the 8mm pipe because he said it look like it had corroded and wasnt bonded in anyway it was just bare copper pipe in the plaster, when we opened up the wall it as a mess being held in with rusty nails etc so i was happy he suggested it in the end.

he has agreed to come round tomorrow and replace the 8mm he put in down the wall for bigger pipe and re plaster wall free of charge, at the same time he is gonna have a look under the floor and ensure its the correct size running under the landing floor.

so cant really argue with that just hope it gets sorted and doesn't need anything else doing!

yeah hes already done all that and all seems fine all hes done up there is add some clips, hes here now replaing the 8mm and luckily it doesnt go too far under the floorboards, so far so good..

I don't see why anyone would use 8 mm for a longer length when 10 mm is not likely to give any problems.

Have not looked up fire details but most allow a pressure of 18 mbar at the inlet.

Its of paramount importance in dealing with gas pressures to measure at the meter otherwise a measurement at the appliance on its own means virtually nothing. Its surprising how many don't do that ( including one we have seen on here ).

Tony

I don't see why anyone would use 8 mm for a longer length when 10 mm is not likely to give any problems.

Have not looked up fire details but most allow a pressure of 18 mbar at the inlet.

Its of paramount importance in dealing with gas pressures to measure at the meter otherwise a measurement at the appliance on its own means virtually nothing. Its surprising how many don't do that ( including one we have seen on here ).

Tony

A wee illegal tweak at the meter regulator can work wonders!!........ ;) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back