Gas Qualifications

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I'm wondering if any of you could offer me some advise about gaining my gas qualifications.

I'm a self employed plumber with 10 years experience, I have no formal qualification having done one of those 'learn plumbing in 4 weeks' courses a decade ago. Since then I followed this up with C&G qualifications in air conditioning and refrigeration and also have a wealth of knowledge in appliance repairs after taking additional courses throughout the past decade. Years ago I got my unvented ticket but I let this expire as I wasn't really installing enough to justify the costs.

I've got a great business nowadays with a large customer base, my issue is that I can't touch gas which limits the service I provide.

I'm trying to work out the best route into the gas industry, there seems to be discrepancies in how I can go about this. I've spoke to a couple of course providers but am left confused. I'm hoping that any of you with experience might be able to provide me with helpful information.

Mark

Sponsored Links
what discrepancies do you mean ? are you talking about which category you fall into regarding qualification ? you will need a portfollio before you can sit your ACS but its hardly a big deal, Im sure you must know some Gas safe reg engineers who could help you out

Because of your experience you shoudnt be struggling, if i were you get enquiries on nearest gas training course and some of them provide portfolio arrangement but they will charged you. Surely your on the trade already you should have contacts with GS engineers. Another way is visit GS website and look your local GS engineers then contact them

Sponsored Links
An F-Gas qually is simple in comparison to domestic ACS. However, lots of training providers will take a bung, to 'rush you through'....... ;)
Time served Plumbers don't need a portfolio....... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back