Getting Gas Safe Registered...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've been doing plumbing and property maintenance (residential and commercial) for 7 years now. I've been picking up tickets and qualifications as I go (cherry picker, unvented, wras etc) and I'm starting to think I might like to get gas qualified.

Assuming I can get experience with one of my gas associates, is it financially viable to get certified? IE how much to get the qual, then how much to renew it when it needs it?

I currently earn between 200-300 a day doing what I do, my concern is that the gas cert won't be financially viable if it costs an arm and a leg to obtain then maintain, especially if it doesn't really increase my earning potential. I know boiler swaps can be OK money?

Any input welcome. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
If you are earning that much a day why bother to get gas qualified? :LOL:

6 shreddies box top and a SAE to GasSafe reg with a postal order for £5

Look on the GS website it tells you all you need to know.

Then ring up test centers for prices (depending on how many subjects you want to cover) about £1k though for you first test then maybe £750 every five years

BUT WE all earn min of £1k a day (thats if you get qualified in ripping people off, I advise you do)

I currently earn between 200-300 a day doing what I do

That's about twice as much as most in the gas trade earn....trust me. The inflated claims made in the press are nonsense. Many job adverts are nonsense too....no one can do 7 days a week for long to achieve the high earnings claimed.

Sponsored Links
Cheers, you've all confirmed what I expected to be the case! I'll stick to my traps n taps!

Cheers, you've all confirmed what I expected to be the case! I'll stick to my traps n taps!

300 a day for traps n taps? must be gold plated. Do one. Billy Liar. :LOL: By the way to have an unvented certificate these days requires Level 3 Plumbing before you take the course. If you have that I`ll show me hoop in Woolworth`s.

It's not always 300 a day!

Like I said, I do commercial property maintenance too, and roof repairs with a boom lift or Altro flooring jobs can pay quite well.

Why are unqualified persons allowed to get unvented ticket, i thought they stopped this, absolute crazy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back