gas safe register

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all first post so hope you experienced chaps or chapesses can help me here. Checked out engineer on gsr. Qualified for gas analysis but no boiler qualification! Does this mean, assuming it's correct, that he can carry out a combustion analysis but is not qualified to do a new install? In which case if combustion is incorrect on analysis is he qualified to do the repair? :confused: Regards and thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
O.K Thanks for reply Dan but still slightly baffled. Why is he showing up on gas safe site, van logo'd, id badge etc?. this was a service on ancient baxi, seemed to know his stuff working a treat now. Discussed time to replace (25 years old, expensive to run, slow to warm rads ect) He suggested greenstar, I asked about intergas. Said he hadn't heard of. fair enough. seemed keen enough to do job til iI mentioned wb extra warry if fitted before year end. then phone calls not returned, would phone and didn't. you get the idea. so assuming gas safe site is up to date, you would know this better than I, what is the purpose of being flue analysis registered if you don't have the gas boiler ticket? would have thought you would need boiler to then get gas analysis.Or do both at same time.

Sorry for long post but trying to understand logic here. (gsr not Ideal). may explain three steps backward when reistering with wb for extende warry. was concerned.

Wihtout knowing his number I can't say for sure. PM me the details if you like.

However on the back of each of our cards is the list of what we can do. If it doesn't have:

Combustion Analysis
Pipe work
Gas Boiler

Then he MUST not touch a boiler.

If he just has CPA1 (combustion analysis course)then he has done the absolute bear minimum to get himself a gas safe logo legally.

BTW - 99% of CPA1 courses are a joke. I was so insulted when I did mine that when I found a friend ran this course himself and did a decent amount of actually training I paid again to make the letters on my card mean something.

Sponsored Links
Ahhh... now I see. O.K. Doesn't seem to be much of a structure to the gas safe register then. designed by bods who have never worked on a boiler in their chuff no doubt. I used to be a mv mastertech in another life. manufacturers training all structured. If I had tried to do a similar thing i.e gas analysis before basic engines (your boilers) I would have been asked why I need to know that!! And not so politely told that was the follow on course. O.k best give this guy a miss I think. Pity cause I always like to give the local guys first shout and I was going to be doing the floorboard lifting and taking out of storage tanks etc,

checked gsr again. gas analysis pipework vented and unvented cyls. seems a bit of a mishmash

There will be more than one local to try.

But if this guy is passing himself off as registered and qualified when he isn't then he should be reported.

checked gsr again. gas analysis pipework vented and unvented cyls. seems a bit of a mishmash

The Unvented course is just as much of a shambles as the CPA1.

Pipework is better than nothing, but without Gas Boilers he can't work on yours.

He's just trying to avoid training costs. Which is flicking annoying for those of us who make the time and effort to get the tickets.

Yep happens in all trades mate. I call our lot "semi-skilled hammer swingers" And as systems get more complex it will only get worse. thanks Dan.

Thanks Dan. Still have inclination for Intergas going on the less is more principle. It's getting someone who's heard of them up here and will not charge 1 hrs travelling time each way is problem at moment. worcester bosch not a problem, see their vans everwhere. Mind you not sure if that's necessarily a good thing :LOL:

I think that you need to have the Core Safety to be fully registered at all.

Could just be that his has expired and the listing has not been updated as that can take several weeks.

Tony

O.K. Tony, this has been ongoing for a while, but original boiler replacement idea was mentioned after service of old baxi. Can't remember what details were on gsr at that time. Just seemed strange that he was o.k. with the idea at the time til extended warry. was mentioned then a back off. Paid him cash on the nail and have no reason to doubt his work, spill test on flue checked gas press, asked and saw living room vent ect. Does the gsr accreditation for boilers etc last so long then you have to do refreshers ect. or is it a one off?

I think that you need to have the Core Safety to be fully registered at all.

Could just be that his has expired and the listing has not been updated as that can take several weeks.

Tony

we've just set up RGI courses in Bulgaria and Romania, so that fitters can hit the ground running and be fully qualified from the moment they step off the bus / plane in the UK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back