Gas Safety and Boiler Question...

Thanks polesapart.

The boiler has now been installed, but not without many problems.

Just want to say thanks to everyone for all your help.

Sponsored Links
Without Prejudice

hi again guys,

Sorry for the delay. As my last post mentioned, i have had a lot of problems with the installation by BG. Apologies if I drag this on, I'll try to keep this brief.

The work was supposed to take a day, but instead was for 2 days and I have now been left with incomplete and damaged bathroom + carpet and also faulty electrics.

Basically BG sent 2 separate people. One for gas and one for electric. The gas guy did the job okay, but the electrician not only delayed the job due to some course he was going to be sent on by BG, but walked out on the job (saying it is complete) with exposed boiler and parts, faulty electric light switch (if i turn this on, the whole house electric triggers) and damaged carpet and bathroom floor with loads of dirt and electrical wiring. He also damaged the bath panel whilst working under the bath. I also want to add that the bathroom floor was left with brick and debris dust which has messed up the grouting too.

Myself and my family spent ages cleaning up the mess and it's still not as before. Also the boiler has already broken down twice after the install date, although so far it does seem to be okay.

I complained to BG and originally they admitted their mistake, apologised and said that they will either fix these issues or pay me to get the problems resolved, but now they are saying that it is nothing to do with them and that as far as they are concerned it is my problem. I have still said that I'm not happy and that I want this to be looked at.

What do you guys suggest I do if they are not willing to fix these problems?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back